Lunette Menstrual cup
The Lunette Menstrual Cup is bell-shaped cup that gives you a comfortable, safe, odorless and eco-friendly period for up to 12 hours a day. A better tampon alternative!
It’s also reusable and lasts several years meaning less time, money and stress!
The Lunette menstrual cup is the future of period care.
Less spending: Ditch the regular dash to the store and protect your purse strings with the best reusable choice that lasts several years.
Healthier you: Lunette menstrual cups collect fluids rather than absorbing them, keeping your superior interior naturally lubricated and healthy.
Happier planet: No more endless purchases, plastics and packaging. Every period with your reusable Lunette menstrual cup is a winning vote for the environment.
More control: Unlike tampons, you never “run out” of Lunette- because it's a reusable period cup! Like an invisible sidekick it runs around with you either in a handy, cute pouch or sitting comfortably inside you. Meaning you can say goodbye to the worry, the hassle, the leaks and just live your life.
Why Lunette is the best menstrual cup
- Comfortable: Soft and flexible rim for that "I forgot it was even there" feeling.
- Reliable: A superior shape for greater capacity and comfortable, fixed placement.
- High quality: Natural, highest medical grade silicone which is BPA free and no chemicals.
- Easy to clean: Smooth interior for easy cleaning.
- Easy to use: A cleverly designed stem, ridges and larger air holes make for quick and easy ins and outs.
- Super easy to use; simply fold and insert, done!
- Stays put for up to 12 hours and only needs emptying 2-4 times per day.
- Totally body safe with silicone that's chemical, latex and BPA free
- Reusable and long lasting, it basically pays for itself after 3 months!
- Eco-friendly right from the production to packaging.
- Lovingly produced with your comfort, health and values at heart.
As if knowing your bra size wasn’t enough, now you have to know your vagina size?
Don’t panic, that’s why we’re here. Although you’d be well off with either menstrual cup size, we want to make sure you’re comfortable with your choice.
That’s why we offer two sizes (because not all vaginas are the same).
The Lunette Cup Model 1
Light to normal flow
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 1 is made of softer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 2.
- The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches).
- The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch).
- The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 5ml (0.17 oz) and 13.5ml (0.46 oz).
The Lunette Cup Model 2
Normal to heavy flow
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 2 is made of firmer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 1.
- The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches).
- The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches).
- The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz).
- Measuring lines: 7.5ml (0.25 oz) and 15ml (0.5 oz)
Menstrual Cup Sizes - The Cup Size Guide For Your Body and Flow
Lunette is emptied about 2-4 times a day, and can be used overnight for up to 12 hours.
You will quickly learn your own rhythm by viewing how much fluid your cup has gathered. The measuring lines outside of the cup help to monitor your flow.
Lighter flow? Model 1 might be for you.
Heavier flow? Give model 2 a go!
For teens and young users, the smaller model 1 makes for easier ins and outs.
For those people who have given birth out there, you can use the Lunette menstrual cup model 1 or 2. Pregnancy changes a few things down there, so firstly take into account your new cervix position (if it's low use a model 1), and secondly your new flow volume post childbirth.
If you have a low-sitting cervix, try the shorter model 1 for a better fit.
If you're a fitness goddess with strong vaginal muscles, consider using Model 1.
Sensitive bladder? The softer model 1 might be a match made in heaven for you.
How do I know if my flow is heavy or light?
The dividing line between normal and heavy flow is 80 ml during your periods.
Lunette model 1:
Spotting: A drop or two of blood, not even requiring a sanitary pad though you may prefer to use one.
Very light bleeding: Needing to change a low-absorbency tampon or pad one or two times per day, though you may prefer to change them more frequently.
Light bleeding: Needing to change a low or regular absorbency tampon or pad two or three times per day, though you may prefer to change more frequently.
Lunette model 2:
Moderate bleeding: Changing normal absorbency pad or tampon every three to four hours.
Heavy bleeding: Needing to change a high-absorbency tampon or pad every three to four hours, though you may prefer to change more frequently.
Very heavy bleeding or Gushing: Protection hardly works at all. You would need to change the highest absorbency tampon or pad every hour or two.
How does the menstrual cup differ from the tampon?
Both are internal menstrual protection. A menstrual cup collects the blood and the tampon absorbs it. A tampon can be used only once whereas a menstrual cup can be used for many years.
The absorbing capacity of a tampon is given in grammes and the capacity of the menstrual cup in millilitres. One ml of menstrual blood is comparable with a gramme, so the capacity of tampons and menstrual cups are comparable. The capacity of the Lunette menstrual cup is 25 ml (model 1) and 30 ml (model 2). The absorbing capacity of a tampon is 6-18 g.